Saturday, February 25, 2006

Waa....you love your brother so much aaaa?

At my office desk, there’s a photo of me, on an oil platform, on the off shore of northen terengganu.
It was a chance of a lifetime to visit off shore platform. It was way back in February 2001.
Working in an oil and gas company, it was like a dream come true to visit offshore platform by chopper.
The reason I put the photo there is because I’m so proud that I had given the chance to put my feet on the offshore platform.
But.…....
Anyone who visited my desk did not comment on the offshore platform experience. Most would paused, and asked "who is that guy in this photo?” or Is that you??”
Yes, the photo was taken 5 years ago and 15kg lesser than what I am now!!
I used to jog nearly everyday , not less than 3km a day for almost a year between 2000 - 2001.
And now..what?? jogging?? 400 mtrs? goshhh....100mtrs can laaaah....hehehe

The worst comment so far was “I wonder why he put another man’s photo at his desk?”
And I tell you, that was a genuine naive comment from an Indian lady colleague.

Nowadays, when I see people put up their confused face after looking at the photo, I would voluntarily say " Yeah..it's my brother. It's his last photo before he jumped off"
Hehehehee…

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to hear anak ko dah sihat pyan.

memang lawak sekali blog ko kali ni la....terhibur aku membacanya....why not post that pic dalam this blog.

p/s - sedey coz aku tak pernah sampai ke platform camtuh. Setakat sampai masuk dalam power station ada la.......

Abu S.H said...

hehehhe..
takde scanner aaa...kalau ada, dah lama daahh..

edaleeja said...

eceh..nak cover lagi la tu. lagi best kalau pyan buh gmbr 'sebelum dan selepas' :D

bola2api said...

husbands always say, "badan u lepas beranak ni besar lagi drpd sebelom beranak.."

thus i told myself to take care of my weight n body after both pregnancies.

but.. should i say to my husband, "badan u ni lagi besar drpd badan i semasa pregnant.." ?

sebenarnya dah ckp pun.. tapi mcm takde apa2 yg berlaku pun!!

hahahah...

Abu S.H said...

eda - tak de scanner, camner...

bola2 api - my wife plak kata, "ada beza ke? sama je?" and "tanak la kurus lagi pada ni. cam ni je dah ok" and itu yg buat effort nak diet kureng sket tu...
hehehhehe

Anonymous said...

I have seen the picture....and hucs before and after betul2 berbeza. Serious.....not a surprise if his colleagues say that it's his brother's photo.

Tapi bab2 gemuk2 ni memang sensitif la. At times I feel that I am eating close to nothing and yet I can put on weight. Damn this age and bibik. With this age (and metabolism rate) and bibik (punya la malas aku nak buat kerja rumah sekarang), it's no surprise I keep on piling on the weight!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a question?Is it true when u get married you will be overweight? Yes or no...



ARRA

Abu S.H said...

ARRA - no...but mostly..yes..
generally, as poeple grow older, majarity will put on weight. not bec of marriage

bola2api said...

bini kau takut awek lain rembat kau!! hahaha!

Abu S.H said...

sapa laa nak rembat aku..aku nak bini aku jugak..dia beshh...hehehe
macam u suka pejal yg hensem tu laa...
hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Yea lar Ayah Pian! How come dulu so 'slim' one? Issit because after married, your bini and Indah tak habis makan and you tolong habiskan? Actually this happened to my ex too, where I selalu tak habis makan and he tolong makankan and akhirnye jadi badak sumbu...:-P

Abu S.H said...

dah tak nak panggil badak sumbu..cheh...
hehehehe